Dodgy Dubbers VW Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dodgy Dubbers VW Car Club

This is our forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mal666

Mal666

REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF Empty
PostSubject: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 3:24 pm

Hi all, Very Happy this is my 1st post on here! how ya'l doin!? lol
ok so i recently got myself a 1984 1.6turbo diesel mk2 golf van! its by far the prettiest thing on the road but its perfect for me! when you consider what i've been used to (the sh*ty rat-looked skoda felicia Embarassed ) basically i've been told by the previous owner it needs a stub axle but im not completely convinced its just that so im opting to change the whole axle...........hence needed an axle! lol. anybody know where i can lay my hands on one?

Mal bounce
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy

Barbeeboy

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 3:52 pm

Hi mate check it out first because a stubaxle is only 4 bolts and if it is drums (wich i think it is) i might have the stubaxles for u as for the axle its a hell of a job to change. I have changed my drums for disc's so its easy plus i can give you a hand if you want cheers
Back to top Go down
Mal666

Mal666

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 4:09 pm

cheers nice 1. thing that concerns me is the nearside rear, the 1 that has the issues sits futher out the body than the offside, which is why im worried about the axle! i need to investigate more really or have somebody who knows what there looking at!
Back to top Go down
kingsmith

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 4:18 pm

hello mate so you have bought doms old van, very ratty with that one mate lol..

but good engine.. santa

the axle/ wheel came of on that one i do beleive but probley wrong but then i thought it was a front wheel/axle..

and yes it has drums.

have you not had a look at it then you defently know than finding parts you might not need..

cheers

where abouts are you?
Back to top Go down
Mal666

Mal666

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 4:21 pm

yeah doms old van. i love it. deffo rear wheel came off. like i said i dont really know what im looking for! il just have to get it in the air and have it apart see what i un-earth!
Back to top Go down
kingsmith

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 4:25 pm

yee mate best way find out for sure then , then you def know what to get..

does it drive then?

i would off liked that would look good taken to bare metal then left, SWEET clown and not the best looking thing but has some presence..lol

prob just the wheel bearing fucked?? but fuck knows...
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy

Barbeeboy

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 5:09 pm

I had a good clear out and found the stub axle if u haven't sorted it out yet Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mal666

Mal666

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 7:02 pm

hey fella, sorted out all new stuff for it now, new drum bearings hub bolt and stub axle! its now all good! should be on back on the road as of tmrw with any luck. cant wait! i do however DESPERATLY need a pair of doors for it!! 3door doors obviously. if anybody knows where i can sorce some that would be brill!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy

Barbeeboy

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 12:05 pm

Hi Mal666 I think I have spoke to before at Halfords about the squieky bel thingy what happened to the Skoda man Question Cool
Back to top Go down
Mal666

Mal666

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 3:11 pm

unfortunatly it was time to move on from the skud. she ran out of tax and test end of december, and the next project had to be vw, hence the golf van Very Happy
i think i can vaigly remember you asking me about my dudey horn, i had so many people speak to me about that car over the year lol aint guna lie, im guna miss the skud-rat! made alot of people smile! bounce
Back to top Go down
Barbeeboy

Barbeeboy

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 3:19 pm

R.I.P. I love you It was very different Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
fleabag

fleabag

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyMon 18 Jan 2010, 5:05 pm

love your van dude, you drove past me lil while back and i was gobsmacked never seen one before! apparently ur buyin some bit of dash from my other half bayez??
Back to top Go down
fleabag

fleabag

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyMon 18 Jan 2010, 5:05 pm

*baylez i mean lol
Back to top Go down
Mal666

Mal666

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyMon 18 Jan 2010, 6:33 pm

im trying to yeah, although he doesnt seem to want to reply to my messages! lol. sound bad but im contemplating selling it Crying or Very sad all week things been going wrong and its driving me nuts lol. i prob wont im just stressing but its close lol
Back to top Go down
trouble (founder)

trouble (founder)

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF EmptyTue 19 Jan 2010, 5:28 am

yo dude ,dont sell it ,trust me you regret it cos i know how it felt when i sold my mk2 ,especialy when ya see it about all the time .... affraid are you gonna come to our next meet at the chequers in wimbothsam ... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF   REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF Empty

Back to top Go down

REAR AXLE NEEDED - MK2 GOLF
Page 1 of 1