Dodgy Dubbers VW Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dodgy Dubbers VW Car Club

This is our forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bumpers for Beetles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BugGav68

BugGav68

Bumpers for Beetles Empty
PostSubject: Bumpers for Beetles   Bumpers for Beetles EmptyFri 04 Dec 2009, 12:46 pm

Hi guys, Im in the process of making some changes to my 68 Bug, It came to me with Tbars instead of the standard Europa bumpers, as of yet I havnt fitted the Tbars as am intending to turn the look of George into a more Resto Cal style, with tonnes of chrome accesories, wooden slatted roof rack. and low down all around. Unfortunatly this look stopped around the year of my bug and sadly alot of looks where ruined from the previous years, 1 of which was the beautiful full chrome bumpers with over riders and towel rail, to the pretty ugly Europa style. Im kind of in 2 minds what to do to atchive the best look, It is currently very cal, as in ass end up, front low down, EMPI 5 spokes, with not alot of trimmings.

Q: To attchive an early 60s look with the overrider bumpers, do I modify a set to fit on my 68, or do I fit Europa or Tbars or nothing. Guys I know its mainly about personal preference but in this case I wish to atchive a bloody good looking Bug.

Cheers Guys... Very Happy afro
Back to top Go down
http://sgcrestorations.webs.com
The zer

The zer

PostSubject: Re: Bumpers for Beetles   Bumpers for Beetles EmptyFri 04 Dec 2009, 3:37 pm

Europas all the way with it mate.Late lookers are fookin jubbly done right.
Back to top Go down
kingsmith

PostSubject: Re: Bumpers for Beetles   Bumpers for Beetles EmptySat 05 Dec 2009, 6:05 pm

personaly i would have Europas with over rides " SWEET" but thats just me...

everyone wants blade bumpers fitted elephant ..

and not fan off T - bars Sad

but what does your own mind say to do ??? now thats the question??
Back to top Go down
BugGav68

BugGav68

PostSubject: Re: Bumpers for Beetles   Bumpers for Beetles EmptySun 06 Dec 2009, 9:49 am

Well I aint sure, what do you meen by Europas with over riders??? I dont really like Tbars either but I also think that the Europas arnt the prettiest of bumpers. So I guess I will decide on the basis of what would be more recognised which im guessing is the origional bumpers... hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
http://sgcrestorations.webs.com
kingsmith

PostSubject: Re: Bumpers for Beetles   Bumpers for Beetles EmptyTue 08 Dec 2009, 11:52 am

http://www.vwheritage.com/vwh/VW-Beetle-Parts/Bumpers/Europa-Bumper-68-74/?templateID=vwh like these at the bottom of the page..
i really like these you dont see many peolpe have them on the cars..most hate them??? scratch

what i say to is wait till the show start back up have alook what other bugs to see what you like the most. to suit your car the style you like..but its a long wait drunken

afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bumpers for Beetles   Bumpers for Beetles Empty

Back to top Go down

Bumpers for Beetles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dodgy Dubbers VW Car Club :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: